Jian Bin (Ben) Gao, LMSW
- Level 1 TEAM-CBT certification has five levels based on training and mastery in TEAM CBT therapy skills— From Level 1 TEAM CBT therapist, through Level 5 TEAM-CBT Master Therapist & Trainer.
- Individual Therapy (Age 18+)
I Work With
- Adults (Age 18+)
- Adolescents (Age 13-17)
- Career Change or Work Concerns
- Habits and Addictions
- Substance Abuse (alcohol or drugs)
About My Practice
We humans live with difficult paradoxes. We cherish freedom, but in that freedom, we are often so confused as to hurt ourselves and those we love. And most of us, at some point, have connected with the divine, either deep within us, or that gives shine to the universe around us. Yet, many of us constantly struggle under the dark weight of fear, loneliness, or meaninglessness.
I am in this human predicament with you. The process of therapy has helped me, and can help you, to embrace both the pain and the wonder of our existence, and from that place of acceptance and awe, grow into the infinite potential of our precious human life.
I came to psychotherapy as a second career, after a long legal career motivated by seeking external validation, which left me prideful, lost, and lonely. My transformative journey, to love, connection, and meaning, was enabled by psychedelics, CBT therapy, community, and wisdom practices from stoicism and Buddhism.
Healing and growth are possible. Given my own journey, I have a particular interest in working with clients hoping to transform through psychedelics; learn from wisdom traditions such as stoicism and Buddhism; better navigate issues men often face, such as masculinity, success, and relationships; or benefit from mindfulness and contemplative practices.
4405 East-West Highway
- Phone :(301) 825-5889
- Email :firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website :https://truenorthact.com/staff/ben-gao-jd-lmsw/