- Online Sessions Anywhere in NY
- Accepting New Clients
Taylor Chesney, Psy.D.
- Level 5 master clinician TEAM-CBT certification has five levels based on training and mastery in TEAM CBT therapy skills— From Level 1 TEAM CBT therapist, through Level 5 TEAM-CBT Master Therapist & Trainer.
- Outcome measures verifiedFeeling Good Institute Certified & Affiliated therapists use symptom assessment before and after every session to understand your improvement, identify stuck points, get feedback and make modifications that accelerate your recovery.
- Individual Therapy (Age 18+)
- Couples therapy
- Family Therapy
- Child Therapy (Under Age 12)
- Intensive therapy
- Clinical Consultation/Supervision
- Telemental Health
- TEAM-CBT Training And Consultation
- Adolescent Therapy (Age 13-17)
I Work With
- Adults (Age 18+)
- Children (Under Age 12)
- Adolescents (Age 13-17)
- Behavioral Issues
- Career Change or Work Concerns
- Dating Concerns
- Eating Concerns or Eating Disorders
- Grief and Loss
- Habits and Addictions
- Life Transitions
- Obsessive-Compulsive (OCD)
- Panic Attacks
- Peer Conflict
- Pregnancy, Prenatal, Postpartum
- Procrastination or Motivational Problems
- Relationship Concerns
- School Performance
- Sexual Intimacy
- Sleep Concerns/Insomnia
About My Practice
I am passionate about providing Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) to individuals of all ages who are struggling with anxiety, depression, social challenges, fears, phobias, and OCD. I have worked to effectively adapt TEAM-CBT tools and techniques to help children and adolescents, while connecting with them in a way that is relatable and engaging. I also provide support to parents navigating the challenges of parenting. I have lived and worked on the Upper East Side with my family for over 6 years, so I understand the unique challenges and demands city families face.
Therapy may feel like endless talking without any results or improvement in your life, but if you’re ready to work hard to meet your treatment goals, I use an approach to therapy that can give you the change you are looking for.
Together we will create a treatment plan that reflects your goals, and the changes you want to see in your life. My approach to therapy is active, collaborative, and results driven. I provide my patients with concrete skills to overcome their anxiety, depression, and fears to help them get back to living a more satisfying, and enjoyable life. I push my patients to work hard to get better, so that they can achieve the results they desire. I try to develop a caring, collaborative, and supportive relationship with all my patients and their families. I strive to understand you and your family dynamics so that I can be the most effective therapist possible.
Utilizing an evidence based, and highly effective approach called Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, you will see noticeable change in your life within 8-10 sessions. I monitor symptoms at the beginning and end of every session so we know precisely how we are doing towards meeting your goals. As your comfort with utilizing these skills improves, you will learn how to cope with the challenges you face and soon feel ready to handle them on your own! While I hate saying good-bye to patients, it is very rewarding to end our therapy sessions knowing that our time together has provided my patients with the tools to be happier and more confident in their life.
- Average fee per session: $450
- Lower Fee Available with Therapist(s) under Supervision: Shimshon Lichter, Maxwell Sultan, Pedro Collado
- Free 15 Min Consultation
Language Spoken: English
341 East 79th Street, Suite 301
- Phone :(516) 551-8063
- Email :email@example.com
- Website :www.doctortaylorchesney.com